Monday, March 1, 2010

Just Lounging

The weekend went by swiftly working on my thesis and having finally sent the latest modules to my advisor this afternoon, I felt like I needed a break from everything academic. Call me a nerd of the first degree ,if you will , but the first place I could think of where I could relax and unwind was the library.
Yes, that's what the graduate school does to you ....sad ,but true! And I embrace this nerdiness shamelessly with arms wide open!!
So holding a steaming cup of coffee, I headed towards the "New Books Reading Lounge" and settled down with these two books which currently hold the top positions in my reading list-



As I read these inspiring stories of ordinary men and women who dared to dream to change the world and who were not afraid to be idealists, I felt comforted somehow. If they could do it and do it so well, then perhaps it was not such an awful decision in my part to leave a cushy (albeit terribly boring) software job and travel half way round the globe to get a green degree and face a terrifyingly unknown future .

No comments:

Post a Comment