Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I dreamt last night




I am someplace magical, I'm sure, because the moon is yellow and looms large into the horizon which seemed much closer than it usually does during the day's awakenings.I am walking across a cobbled path, lined with leafless trees,leading me to the moon. I have a digital camera in my hands (which I've wanted for so long).It's a Nikon D70S.I know for sure because I am holding it in my hands ever so lovingly.

I stop because I want to shoot the moon and I am able to take one shot , and the camera clicks and whirls. I am happy. I want to take more shots but suddenly the moon becomes smaller and shoots up the sky almost like a shooting star only aiming towards the velvet sky.

Suddenly,it's day and I run across a group of scrawny children playing in sand.I start taking pictures of two girls holding hands and swirling round and round in circles. Through my viewfinder,I find a pair of dark intense eyes staring at me. She is not smiling. I want to take pictures because her face has such intensity. Yet, she stares and won't let me. Someone whispers into my ears and tells me that I cannot expect her to let me take pictures of her specially when I've just arrived.

I nod.

And open my eyes.

[Image taken on 1st January, 2010 at 1 am during the partial lunar eclipse as seen in Ranchi, India)

No comments:

Post a Comment