Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sometimes Logan is just the prettiest place in the whole world. It's been raining since last night and a most beautiful sparrow sat on my window sill a few minutes ago to shake off the rain.

I wish I has batteries in my camera to take a picture but it flew off before I could get around to it. Such is life.

Oh, did I tell you by the way, I finally moved out of my old place for the summer. Moving is exciting and unsettling at the same time. I've moved four times already in the past 2 years so I've been feeling pretty much nomadic and I know I will be moving again in the next 3 months. Hence, I have not been particularly ecstatic about it.

However, I've already started to warm up to my new place. Here's a view from my window:


There is a small stream running hidden among those trees , so if I just cross the street, and scamper a bit , I reach the pebbly stream. I plan to make full use of the the stream during warm summer afternoons with a blanket, a flask of iced tea, a bag of cucumber and tomato sandwiches and a nice book. Bliss.

If I climb over the the hill past the stream ,I am welcomed with this view:


Plus, I also found a nice little cozy grocery store a block away from my house which sells everything you might need. In a place of gigantic and impersonal retails such as walmart, K-mart and other such marts, it was indeed very refreshing to enter a small wooden store with windchimes and a friendly cashier who told me the store has existed since the 1940s.

Life is, indeed, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment